Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hat #5: Stripey Hat!


Hat #5 makes its appearance!!

This one was so super fun to do that even though I totally screwed up the beginning of the swirl pattern I don't even mind. I might make this hat AGAIN anyway! I still love it.

The pattern? Swirl Hat by Mandie Harrington (Ravelry link - be sure to sign in to see the pattern!)

It's kind of genius! It looks complicated as hell, but the swirl pattern is created using a crafty and diabolical combination of YO's and K2Tog's. Brilliant! And I used less than one skein of this marvelous Knit Picks Felici Self-Striping yarn in Building Blocks (which I think might be discontinued as of this posting):


I don't have a lot to add, but if you click "Read More" you can see more beauty shots of the hat, including full-on shots of how awesome the swirl looks from different angles!



The self-striping yarn and this pattern were meant to be together. It's like fate.


Yeesh, you can really see where I messed up. I don't know what happened! For about 6 rows I was just floundering, then all of a sudden, BAM, the swirl pattern came to life. Whatever!


Mess-ups aside...

LOOK AT HOW COOL THIS LOOKS!!!


I love the little spot of gray right at the top - yay for self-striping yarn in gorgeous colors!


It's nice and warm. I almost never wear handknits in bright colors. I don't even know why I bought this yarn. I doubt I had any intention of wearing it.

But honestly? I kind of love these colors! Winter in my part of the world is pretty dreary and damp. It's all around gross, actually. Maybe this lovely hat will bring a bit of joy into the gray days of winter for me!


Hat #6 will be cast on tonight, while I'm catching up on last week's Project Runway - I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown by! It's already WEDNESDAY guys!!

Enjoy the weather, wherever you are. :)

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment