Monday, January 10, 2011

My 365 Tally As of Monday, January 10, 2011

This weekend we tried to go to Sam's and Best Buy to find a new camera, but to no avail. We found the one that we want - a Kodak EasyShare - but we both knew for a fact that we could get it much cheaper online than in the store, so we were able to fiddle with it and get a feel for the interface, and we'll be ordering it sometime this week. It was hard to tamp down my disappointment over not having a new camera NOW, but patience is a virtue (or at least, that's what they tell me). So I'm forcing a grin as I type - pictures sometime next week, I suppose.

Here are the items I've made that count toward the 365 Crafts in 365 Days challenge (I promise I won't do this all the time, I just need some way to keep a list going so I don't lose track):

-10 calendar envelopes
-3 12" blocks for an afghan
-1 6" block for the same afghan
-1 DIY light box (following this tutorial)

I've cast on a vest called Hilja (I think) using some yarn that's called blue but looks like purple. This is my "mindless bus-knitting project," and I am taking it very, very slow. I'd like to train myself out of my impatience, and I think that taking my time to knit something large, wearable, and simple is probably a good idea.

In other news, for those of you who read this and aren't in the Trash to Treasures group on Ravelry, my friend Kristy of Textiles4You was nominated a few months ago for Terracycle's Make a Difference Moms contest, and has made it to the top four finalists! The competition is now open for voting, so please go and read about the top four moms here, and vote here, and you can read about it on Kristy's blog here!

Of course, votes for any finalist are encouraged, but you'll be extra special to me if you happen to find Kristy to be the best of the four - I certainly do!

Speaking of Kristy, and since a craft blog post is NOTHING without crafting content, here is Kristy's latest project from her blog: a Valentine's Pull Tab Heart Bracelet.



Kristy + pop tabs is usually pretty amazing, but this bracelet kind of takes the cake for me. I've been saving pop tabs for a while, and I wasn't sure why until I saw this post. Follow this link to get to her blog post about this project, which includes written instructions AND a video!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you for posting about the Terracycle contest and my bracelet. Well, its not technically my bracelet, I made it for my swap partner for the Valentine's swap. I hope she likes it.

    I've been keeping track of my 365 item count in a gadget on the right hand side of my blog. It makes it easier to know where I'm at. You might want to do the same (just a suggestion). I just used the text gadget.

    I'm going to try and host my very first link party at the end of the month for the 365 item challenge. You're sure to have your new camera by then :) Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete