Friday, March 1, 2013

WIP report

First of all, I'm posting this from my phone for the VERY FIRST TIME OMG. So it could suck. Don't judge me...judge the Blogger app. Unless this post is awesome, of course, in which case it was all me baby!

I've got a couple of things I'm actively working on, so I thought I'd share.

First of all, I suppose I need to briefly explain Nerd Wars. On the prolific fiber arts site known as Ravelry.com, Nerd Wars serves as a place where nerds, geeks, and obsessives of all types can come together and inflict massive, global-scale bloodshed upon one another in the name of creativity based upon our favorite nerdery. You sign up for a team (i.e. Team Tardis for Who fans, Team Precious for LOTR fans, Team 1-Up, my home team, for video games, etc.). You get five challenges a month, and each person who can knit, crochet, weave, or spin a project which answers that challenge wins points for their team, with bonus points every time you can tie your response into your team's nerdly obsession.

A tournament lasts three months, and at the end of the tourney, all points are totaled and a winner is declared. It's not usually Team 1-Up, but hey, we are literally the only team that cannot participate in both knitting AND our nerdery. It's physically impossible to knit and kick Ganon's ass at the same time.

During each tournament you can elect to create a dissertation, or a project that will reasonably take you 3 months to complete. I almost always try, but rarely succeed. However, this time? It is ON. I have the best pattern, the best yarn, and enough motivation to make a bull meditate in a China shop. Here is my progress on this project so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment