Thursday, June 17, 2010

Patriotic Parade Linky Party!



The indomitable Craftaholic is hosting a 4th of July Parade! Crafty bloggers all over the country are submitting their patriotic red, white, and blues for a special appearance on her awesome blog!

You can also find this project linked to the marvelous Tater Tots & Jello blog. Linky party here:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up   party!


Now, the rules say I have to post the button (SEE AND CLICK ABOVE PLEASE!), but that kind of indicates that those who participate ought to have some traffic to direct to her. I uh, well, I don't yet. I hope she'll still accept mine. :P

ANYWAY, I was planning on making a great sunhat for our annual Fourth of July barbecue at my in-laws' house, and what other colors could I possibly choose? I did this hat up in a single night, because I apparently don't like to sleep or anything like that.



The hat was finished by last night, and the second I got home today I fixed up the flower, which is just two layers of fabric (red felt and blue print cotton) cut into concentric circles with one identically-sized circle cut from the center. I basted around the inner circle, along with the lace, then pulled tight to get it to ruffle. Then I glued more red felt and a pinback on the backside, and a pretty brass button on the front.

So two days for a perfectly functional, wearable item is not bad. Not bad at all, if I do say so myself. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    What a rockin sun hat!! So cute. can't believe you did it in one night. wow. Thanks for joining the Patriotic Parade!
    have a safe and happy 4th!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete