Monday, June 21, 2010

I really hate the word "tablescape."

And yet here was mine on Saturday night when we unexpectedly hosted some new friends for dinner:





I'm especially proud of the centerpiece. Three tea light candles on a medium-sized salad plate (that came from the same set that we served dinner on), with assorted river rocks and home decor flat-marbles scattered around them. I like how using dark-colored rocks and clear and blue marbles gives it a sort of babbling brook effect. I'm not usually a decorator, and I know this is pretty amateur, but I thought it was very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I have beach glass collected locally and I found a shell shaped dish in which to display it. I love the idea of combining candles with the glass I bet it really sparkled. Good job on short notice.

    ReplyDelete