Wednesday, September 3, 2014

It's a thing I made!!

OI made a Thing! And I really like it!

Months ago I got inspired to make some long flowy jersey sundresses so I could blend in with the other Texas moms a little better. I ordered a bunch of lovely jersey knit fabric from fabric.com and when it arrived I was sooooo excited!!

Then I did absolutely nothing with it. For months. 

Until today!

After reading some of my favorite blog (www.newdressaday.com please go read it now!), I got inspired to make a maxi skirt...one that could carry me through the end of summer and into the fall. 

The fabric I chose was this:


The color is not quite right here...it's a solid dark turquoise-teal color and it has these wonderful shiny sequins! And it's a heavy, beautifully drapey fabric. I am thrilled to say that I (mostly) successfully navigated the twists and turns of the twin needle on my Brother, and the end result was as follows:

LOOK IT IS A THING I MADE!!


Complete with a sexy back-slit. Yay!!


I am proud of this thing! It's pretty solid and I think it looks good with a tee and will look just as good with my favorite turtleneck and some tights in a few months.

There is something about fall that makes me itch for my sewing machine. I think back on all the beautiful sweater reconstructions I've stumbled across lately and get all excited. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to take care of that before it gets chilly outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment